An overall PV system study is important to understand the working of the system and the parameters on which the output of the system is dependent. This setup helps to study and understand the variation of output power depending on various parameters.
This set up gives idea about variation in output power depending on-
- The variable intensity of the light.
- Change in inclination angle of PV module to various level in single axis.
- By series and parallel connections.
- To understand the effect of bypass diode by shadowing single solar cell with different string in module.
- Integrated with Light Intensity Changing Mechanism
- Setup helps to understand the operation and the effect of bypass diodes
- Provide IV tracer for automatic ploting the IV Curve
- Feature to vary the inclination angle of solar panel to various levels and measure the power generation of solar panel in order to find an optimal tilt for fixed collector
- Feature to compare the power output between fixed solar panel, single axis tracking solar panel and to study the extent of variation in power output over a day
- Shadowing effect is provided to simulate shading effect in PV modules
- Temperature measurement unit with temperature sensor prob
- Solar irradiation meter with calibrated Solar cell
- Two selector Switches for instant measurement of Voc and Isc
Scope of Learning
- Measurement of IV characteristic of solar PV modules at indoor and outdoor both conditions
- Variation in the inclination angle of solar panel at different levels and measure the power generation of solar panel so as to find an optimal tilt
- Comparison of the power output between fixed and tracking solar panel and the extent of variation in power output over a specific period of time
- To plot IV characteristic and find the variation of the power output with change in intensity of light fixed in the structure
- To Understand the bypass diode failures the working of bypass diode by shorting bypass diode, by open circuiting bypass diode, by connecting it in reverse (manufacturing defect)
- To understand the effect of non-uniform light intensity on the performance of module
- Finding the variation of power output of solar panel with the variation frequencies of light (red, yellow, & blue color light etc.)
- To understand the working of bypass diode
- Measurement of current-voltage characteristics of modules by manual varying load