The spectral response is the ratio of the current generated by the solar cell to the power incident on the solar cell. This setup gives an understanding of how a solar cell responds to light of different wavelengths The output also varies with the wavelength of incident light This setup helps us to evaluate the amount of current that the solar cell will produce when exposed to different wavelengths of light. This setup gives an understanding of how a solar cell responds to light of different wavelengths.
- Capability to produce 20 types of wavelengths
- Separate graters for each LED for better understanding of the system
- Proper housing for Solar cell against any noise
- Provision for selection of Wavelength of light using LED selectors
- Calibrated cell with the known spectral response
- Facility to verify any solar cell with in the specific range of solar cell tray.
Scope of Learning
Measurement of Quantum efficiency of solar cell for different wavelengths of light and obtain the quantum efficiency curve
Measurement and comparison of spectral response for different wavelengths of light and obtain spectral response curve